OPD Tablets for colorimetric detection of Horseradish Peroxidase activity in ELISAs.
Ortho-Phenylenediamine (OPD) is a water soluble chromogenic substrate that produces a yellow color during the enzymatic degradation of hydrogen peroxide by horseradish peroxidase (HRP) with an absorption maximum at 450 nm. After addition of sulfuric acid a very stable orangeend solution is obtained that can be read at 490 nm.
Kem-En-Tec Diagnostics offers:
- Standard OPD tablets: available with a content of 2 mg (#4090) or 10 mg (#4260)
- Fizzing OPD tablets: 2 mg tablets are available as fizzing, buffer-containing tablets (#4110)
|Catalog number||Tablet type||Tablet size||Package size|
|4260||Standard OPD tablet||10 mg||100 tablets/vial|
|4090||Standard OPD tablets||2 mg||250 tablets/vial|
|4110||Fizzing OPD tablets||2 mg||250 tablets/vial|
- Stable and robust
- Negligible batch-to-batch variation
- Development time: 5-30 minutes
- At least 18 months at 2-8° C
- For long term storage OPD tablets should be kept at -20°C